Community Health Division
Community Health is a division within the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). We are working to achieve MDH's vision of all communities thriving.
At a glance
Our centers and offices
- The Center for Emergency Preparedness & Response undertakes emergency response and recovery activities to protect people’s health, while increasing the readiness of state, local and tribal health departments, and working with the healthcare system and other partners.
- The Center for Health Equity serves as a link to Minnesota’s diverse communities, and a hub for organizing and promoting work to advance health equity in our state.
- The Center for Public Health Practice ensures that Minnesota’s state, local and tribal public health system is strong, coordinated and equipped to carry out public health responsibilities. The Minnesota Center for Health Statistics collects, analyzes, and shares data to better understand health issues and inform public health policy decisions in Minnesota.
- The Director of American Indian Health at MDH ensures that the 11 federally recognized tribal nations in Minnesota have input and involvement in the health programs and policies that directly affect them.
- The Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives supports all Minnesotans in leading healthier lives, raising healthier families and building healthier communities by preventing chronic disease well before it starts.