Financial Assistance for Radon - EH: Minnesota Department of Health

Financial Assistance for Radon

Low Income Mitigation Assistance

Minnesota Housing

  • Rehabilitation Loan/Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program, assist low income homeowners in financing basic home improvements that directly affect the safety, habitability, energy efficiency or accessibility of their homes. The Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program is available for home improvements addressing emergency conditions of the home or accessibility needs for a disabled household resident, subject to prior approval by Minnesota Housing.
  • The Fix-Up Program, for homeowners looking to make improvements on the their homes. Low-interest fixed rate loans. If a mitigation system does not meet the minimum loan requirement, it can easily be paired with other home improvements to further increase the affordability of your projects.

U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development (USDA)

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

  • HUD "203k" Program, loan programs are provided by some local lenders, mortgage companies or banks. Funds rehabilitation and repair of single-family homes.

Check with your local city and county housing agencies, they may have funds available for low interest loans or grants for home improvements.

The MN Homeownership Center maintains a comprehensive list of grant and loan programs.

Updated Thursday, 16-Sep-2021 11:36:02 CDT