Accelerated Implementation Grant
Groundwater Protection Initiative
Notification of Grant Availability
Applications for this grant program are not being accepted at this time.
Sample MDH Grant Agreement
- Groundwater Protection Initiative (FY2022) Accelerated Implementation Grant: Request for Proposal (RFP) (PDF)
- Groundwater Protection Initiative: Accelerated Implementation Grant Application (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question & Answer (Q & A)
Q. The RFP states “If the organization has received grant(s) from MDH within the past five years, please list here:” Does this pertain to our Department or the county as a whole?
A. Only reference grants that were executed by your department.
Q. Would hiring a contractor to review community mining ordinances, update a model mining ordinance with focus on protection of surface and groundwater resources, and conduct outreach to communities with recommendations for changes to ordinances qualify under the grant?
A. Yes, as long as the actions are supported in a state approved plan.
Q. Can the grant be used for the installation of a new public water supply well?
A. No, the well installation is considered an infrastructure project and the grant is supporting capacity building activities/actions not project implementation.
Q. Can you have more than one Accelerated Implementation Grant at the same time?
A. Grants are limited to one open application/grant agreement at a time. If the grantee completed current grant duties by June 30th (end of the state fiscal year) and closed out the grant, they would be eligible to reapply.
Go to top
- Groundwater Restoration and Protection Strategies (GRAPS)
- Source Water Protection
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (PCA)
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Go to top