Healthy Eating Resources
Information You Can Use
Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Keeping Food Safe
- Minnesota Grown provides information about farmers markets in Minnesota and seasonal, locally grown produce.
Minnesota Department of Health
- A Field Guide to Salad Bars in Schools (PDF) provides information on how schools can expand the use of fruit and vegetable salad bars.
The Minnesota Food Charter is a roadmap designed to guide policymakers and community leaders in providing Minnesotans with equal access to affordable, safe and healthy food regardless of where they live.
- The Charter (PDF) is a tool to create healthy and prosperous communities – it offers ways to ensure nourishing food is accessible today and for future generations.
- Minnesota Food Charter Health Equity Guide (PDF) is a resource for implementing Food Charter strategies to ensure healthy food access for all.
- Minnesota Food Charter Schools Leader Guide (PDF) offers actionable steps for educational decision makers.
The institute brings together partners with diverse interests within the agricultural community with the goal to promote sustainable agriculture in Minnesota.
- Healthy Eating Resources provides information on obesity and nutrition and other topics related to healthy eating.