Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Data
An antibiogram is the compilation of antimicrobial susceptibilities of selected pathogens isolated from a specific human or animal population. In addition to the antibiograms below, many health care facilities produce tailored antibiograms that reflect their specific patient population for their own daily use.
Antibiograms can serve as valuable tools in guiding therapy choices.
- 2018 Minnesota Statewide Acute Care Antibiogram (PDF)
Twenty-one acute care Minnesota hospitals submitted 2018 inpatient antibiograms to MDH and the Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative (MOHASC). Data were compiled to track trends in the percent of clinical bacterial isolates susceptible to selected antibiotic drugs. Not every hospital antibiogram included susceptibility results for all organism-antibiotic drug combinations.
- Antimicrobial Susceptibilities of Selected Pathogens (MDH Antibiogram)
The Antimicrobial Susceptibilities of Selected Pathogens, also known as the MDH antibiogram, includes a compilation of antimicrobial susceptibilities of selected pathogens that have been submitted to the MDH Public Health Laboratory.
- VMC Antibiogram (PDF)
The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center releases an antibiogram of bacterial isolates in their veterinary patients.
Minnesota stewardship survey reports
- 2018 Antibiotic Stewardship Practices in Minnesota Community Pharmacies Survey (PDF)
- 2017 Minnesota Clinic Survey of Antibiotic Stewardship Practices (PDF)
- 2015 Antibiotic Stewardship in Dentistry: Antibiotic Use Survey Among MN Dentists (PDF)
Outpatient antibiotic use data
Other surveillance data
- Healthcare-Acquired Infections and Antibiotic Resistance in Minnesota Frequently Asked Questions
- Antibiotic Resistance in Minnesota 2013 (PDF)
National Antibiotic Resistance Lab Network
- CDC: Antibiotic Resistance Lab Network
The Minnesota Department of Health's Public Health Laboratory is one of seven regional laboratories that make up the national Antibiotic Resistance Lab Network (ARLN), established by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As part of the ARLN, Minnesota plays a key role in helping the nation understand and combat antibiotic resistance.