CRE Information for Health Professionals
Testing and Reporting
- Surveillance Case Definition and Reporting
CRE surveillance definition and reporting to MDH.
- Isolate Submission and Laboratory Testing
Laboratory testing protocols for CRE and isolate submission to MDH.
About CRE Resistance Mechanisms
- CRE Resistance Mechanisms
Information for health care personnel about resistance mechanisms responsible for CRE.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- Hospital Admission Screening for CPO and C. auris Colonization
MDH hospital admission screening recommendations to detect carbapenemase-producing organism (CPO) and Candida auris colonization in Minnesota patients who received health care abroad or in certain U.S. regions in the past 12 months.
- Recommendations for the Management of CRE in Acute and Long-term Acute Care Hospitals
MDH recommendations for the prevention and control of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) or carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in acute and long-term acute care facilities.
- Recommendations for the Management of CRE in Long-term Care Facilities
MDH recommendations for the prevention and control of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) or carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in long-term care facilities.
- Other Guidelines and Resources
Guidelines and resources to prevent CRE transmission in health care facilities.
Trainings and Webinars
- CRE Trainings and Webinars
Resources for health care providers interested in learning more about CRE.