Our website is currently experiencing issues. The data is not up to date. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the problem.
Reporting Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Reporting Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome

On this page:
What to report
How to report
Submitting clinical materials
Who is required to report

What to report

Hemolytic uremic syndrome must be reported to MDH immediately 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Case definition

How to report Hemolytic uremic syndrome

  • Call 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414 immediately to report Hemolytic uremic syndrome.
    24-7 Phone Reporting
    This disease must be reported immediately by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Other reporting: reporting suspected foodborne and waterborne illness

  • Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Hotline
    MDH's foodborne and waterborne illness hotline may be used by anyone to report a suspected case of foodborne or waterborne illness.
    Your call to the hotline helps us identify foodborne and waterborne illness outbreaks in Minnesota and will help prevent the spread of illness to others.

Submitting clinical materials

For Hemolytic uremic syndrome, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.

Who is required to report

  • Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
    • Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
  • Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.

see also>> Reporting Enteric Escherichia Coli Infection

Updated Friday, 30-Sep-2022 11:26:18 CDT