Nursing Assistant Registry
The Nursing Assistant Registry lists nursing assistants who have met Minnesota training and/or testing standards to work in nursing homes and certified boarding care homes. The registry also has information about nursing assistants who have substantiated findings of abuse, neglect, and theft.
This is an online registry. Nursing assistants, employers, and others can check the registry by using MDH's online system and the nursing assistant's certificate number.
Temporary Health Care Workers Urgently Needed in Long-term Care and Assisted Living Facilities: If you are a healthcare worker (licensed or unlicensed RN, LPN, or Nursing Assistant) willing to assist long-term care providers experiencing a staffing shortage due to a COVID-19 outbreak in their facility, please fill out the form at the link above.
August 4, 2022: Nurse aide candidates have two months left to take and pass the test to continue working
Nurse aides who are working under the CMS 1135 waiver have until October 6 to pass the Nurse Aide Knowledge and Skills Test. Each candidate gets three opportunities to pass the test; candidates who have not passed the test will not be eligible to continue working after October 6 without enrolling in a NATCEP training program.
- You can find testing locations throughout the state to get certified and continue working: Nursing Assistant Testing
- Information about testing and identifying the differences in testing in MN: Nurse Aide Knowledge and Skills Tests Comparisons (PDF)
- FAQ about testing, and changes to the MN Nurse Aide Test: Minnesota Nurse Aide Test FAQ (PDF)
June 13, 2022: New resource for generating reports from TMU available
The Nurse Aide Testing page has been updated with a new resource to help nurse aide training programs generate reports from Headmaster's TMU system. These reports can help training programs understand how their students are performing on the nurse aide competency exams and determine where they may want to make changes.
June 2, 2022: CMS 1135 Waiver ends on June 6, 2022
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is restoring Nurse Aide Training requirements for nurse aides who work at skilled nursing facilities and ending blanket waivers issued during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Nurse aides who worked during the waiver period must pass the competency evaluations and be added to the Minnesota Nurse Aide Registry by October 7, 2022 in order to continue working. There are three options available:
- Get credit towards your training for the time you’ve worked: Have your employer complete the Skills Checklist for Nurse Aides Working under the 1135 Waiver and pass the competency evaluation by October 7, 2022.
- Challenge the Exam: Register for and pass the competency exam by October 7, 2022.
- Complete a Training Program: Nurse aides can work at a nursing home while they are completing their Nurse Aid Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) training. Enroll in and complete a NATCEP training program and pass the competency evaluation by October 7, 2022.
- Placement on Minnesota’s Nurse Aide Registry for Nurse Aides Working during the 1135 Waiver (PDF)
- Nurse Aides Working Under 1135 Waiver during a Public Health Emergency (PDF)
- CMS 1135 Nurse Aide Training Waiver Expiration FAQ (PDF)
- How to Check the Registry
Nursing Assistant Resources
- How to Get on the Registry
- How to Stay on the Registry
- How to Change Information on the Registry
Nursing Home Semiannual Update
- Semiannual Update App for Nursing Homes and Boarding Care Homes
Nursing Assistant Registry Informational Calls
- Nursing Assistant Registry Calls
Employer and Training Program Resources
- Nurse Aide Testing
- How to Start a Nurse Aide Training Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP)
- Minnesota Approved Nurse Aide Training Curriculums
- Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) Provisional Application Form (PDF)
- Federal Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Resource (PDF)
- NATCEP Survey Worksheet (PDF)
- Findings of Abuse
- Frequently Asked Questions about Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (PDF)
- Curriculum Application Process and Form (PDF)
- Curriculum Revision Process and Form (PDF)
- Conversion to Online Curriculum Form (PDF)
- Nurse Aide Training Equipment (PDF)